Enhance the Look of Your Legs with a Thigh Lift
If loose, sagging skin on your thighs is compromising your satisfaction with your appearance, a thigh lift can help. Dr. Kenneth Smart in Frisco, TX, offers the thigh lift procedure to eliminate sagging skin and tighten remaining tissue. To find out if a thigh lift is right for you, contact our surgical practice today and set up an appointment.
A thighplasty or thigh lift surgery removes excess skin and fat tissue from your thighs and tightens the area to achieve a more pleasing shape. Sometimes as we age or lose a considerable amount of weight, the skin can loosen or sag. This can leave you looking heavier, older, or less fit than you actually are. While exercise and diet can improve muscle tone, it cannot tighten lax skin. In some cases, fat deposits simply will not respond to diet or exercise. A thigh lift can eliminate excess skin or fat to help you achieve your desired look.
Removing excess skin with a thigh lift can provide numerous benefits:
- More clothing options: Sagging skin in the thigh area can make it difficult to find clothes that fit. Some patients avoid thigh-bearing shorts, dresses, or skirts. After a thigh lift, you can wear a wider range of clothes.
- Decreased skin irritation: Loose skin can cause chafing or skin irritation, and can lead to infection. After thigh lift surgery, many patients report lower rates of these issues, and improved comfort during daily activities.
- Potentially long-lasting results: If well-maintained, the results of your thigh lift procedure can last years, without the need for another treatment.
- Improved confidence: With toned legs and an overall fitter appearance, many patients feel more at home in their own skin.
- Improved ability to exercise: Loose skin can make exercise considerably more difficult and inconvenient. After a thigh lift, workouts become easier and more enjoyable.
- Customization of treatment: Thighplasty surgery can be customized to ensure that the results are right for you.
Although it offers many benefits, a thigh lift is not for everyone. Good candidates must:
- Be at a stable weight: Fluctuation in weight after a thigh lift can interfere with your results. Too much weight loss may lead to the same problem of sagging tissue, while too much weight gain could stretch your skin.
- Be in good general health: To ensure a safe procedure, thighplasty candidates should be non-smokers with no health conditions that could result in excessive bleeding or other complications during surgery.
- Stay committed to maintaining results: A thigh lift is only truly effective if you are dedicated to maintaining your results with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
We will evaluate your candidacy for the procedure during your consultation. At this time, Dr. Smart will conduct a physical examination, review your medical history, and ask about your goals for the treatment. He will explain the steps of the procedure, the various techniques, describe any possible risks, and explain how to minimize risks before, during, and after surgery. If it is determined that a thigh lift is not an appropriate solution for you, Dr. Smart may recommend alternative treatments.
Contact Us Today
With years of experience in plastic surgery, Dr. Smart will work with you to create a plan to achieve the contours you desire. To learn more about thigh lift surgery, schedule your consultation today.
“I opted for the breast augmentation with lift along with a tummy tuck and now I look better than I did in high school!” T.C.