Frisco Plastic Surgery & MedSpa Patient Information and Forms
At Our Office
Our goal is to make this a wonderful and positive experience for you. As you go through the surgical process we will be here to assist you in any way we can. We encourage you to call or email our patient coordinator or nurse with any questions or concerns. We are committed to doing everything possible to make your visit safe and pleasant.
Our normal office hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. After hours calls will go to the answering service who will call Dr. Smart for you.
COVID-19 Safety Policy WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Thank you for entrusting Dr. Ken Smart and the staff at Frisco Plastic Surgery & MedSpa with your cosmetic surgery and medspa needs. Due to the constantly changing concerns about the Coronavirus, we want to take this opportunity to inform you on the precautions our office is taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Our goal is to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for everyone in our office. If you have any combination of symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or a loss of taste and smell, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment by calling the office at 972-334-0400. If you have been in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or have traveled out of the country recently, or to a domestic hot-spot we ask you to reschedule your appointment as well.
Safety and Sanitation Policy INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
We are strictly following CDC guidelines for safety and cleaning.
- We are asking all patients to arrive with face protection (mask), and no one may accompany the patient inside the office except to assist as necessary. Only the patient will be taken to the exam room.
- We are limiting patient encounters with appropriate spacing and limiting the number of patients in the office at one time.
- Upon arrival please call the office and wait in car so we can have check in area clear and your room ready.
- A front desk hand sanitization station is available for your use upon entering.
- Your temperature will be checked with a thermometer at check in upon arrival.
- All patients will be required to complete a Covid-19 questionnaire upon arrival.
- All staff will wear masks for patient encounters.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting on door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Individual examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- Alcohol sanitizer is available in all areas of our office.
This is the first step in your exciting process of change. Each patient has unique and very specific reasons to seek a cosmetic transformation. Dr. Smart understands that this is a life changing decision that you are making. During your initial consultation with Dr. Smart, he will ask you to discuss your areas of concern and listen to your desires. We encourage you to be specific and tell him all of your concerns and expectations. It is also important to ask questions.
If you are seeing Dr. Smart for an In-Office Consultation, he will perform a physical exam, offer a range of options from least to most aggressive and describe each procedure's risks and complications in detail. The patient coordinator will then review your quote with you. You will receive a lot of information during this visit and most likely have additional questions after you leave. We always invite you to call or EMAIL our patient coordinator with any questions you may have.
Virtual Consultations are becoming more and more popular and can accomplish as much as an in-person consultation. Patient forms and photos will be requested prior to your appointment. Dr. Smart will review your medical history and photographs prior to your consultation. You will connect with Dr. Smart through FaceTime or Skype and discuss everything from non-surgical to surgical options. Once your appropriate procedures are determined, our patient coordinator will talk to you and send you a detailed surgical quote and discuss scheduling options. These virtual appointments typically last approximately 30 minutes and offer both local and out of town patients a convenient option to meet with Dr. Smart. We would love to be part of your transformation journey and invite you to call or EMAIL our office with any questions you may have.
You will receive a personalized quote at the end of your cosmetic consultation based on your discussion with Dr. Smart. The quote is specific to your case and is based on number of procedures, complexity and estimated length of time. The quote is an estimate and may be subject to changes in fees for actual anesthesia time. Some fees such as pre-op lab fees and unexpected post-op stays are not included on the quote sheet.
Some medically necessary cases are covered by insurance. We will assist you with insurance pre-authorizations and will file the insurance claim. In these cases you will be responsible for any deductibles, copay or coinsurance as determined by your insurance plan.
Once you have made the decision to move ahead with your surgery, you are encouraged to call our patient coordinator and schedule your date as well as pre-operative appointment. Your pre-op appointment is scheduled two weeks prior to surgery. At that visit you will sign surgery consent forms and discuss all aspects of your surgery. Your photos will also be taken and you will receive all of the pre-op and post-op instructions pertaining to your surgery. Your prescriptions will be given to you, which should be filled prior to surgery.
Location of Surgery
Your procedure will be performed at Dr. Smart’s state-of-the-art fully accredited on-site Surgery Center. Our Surgery Center is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). This accreditation ensures that the highest attention has been paid to every detail of this facility to make it not only the safest possible experience for you, but an enjoyable one, as well.
In certain instances, your surgery may be performed at one of the hospitals where Dr. Smart maintains privileges. In either instance, an anesthesiologist is present for your safety.
Dr. Smart maintains privileges at the following hospitals:
To provide the safest anesthesia, Dr. Smart chooses to use M.D. board certified anesthesiologists for your surgical procedure. There are several options for the type of anesthesia to be administered. The method chosen will depend on the type and length of your procedure and your medical history. The anesthesiologist will discuss your medical history and your questions and concerns with you the night before your surgery.
For your comfort and to promote faster healing you will receive one complimentary compression garment after your surgery. The length of time that you are going to wear the garment is usually between 4 to 8 weeks depending on the type of surgery performed. Dr. Smart provides garments made by Isavela and additional garments can be purchased online through their website at http://www.isavela.com. You may also purchase comparable garments through vendors of your choice.
Payment and Insurance
Cosmetic Surgery must be paid for in advance.
Surgery prepayments will be required as follows:
- Non-Refundable Deposit of $500.00 is due at the time you schedule your surgery date.
- Dr. Smart's Quoted Fee payment is due two weeks prior to the scheduled surgery. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover. We also offer patient financing options through Care Credit and Alphaeon Credit (see below).
- Anesthesiologist Fee Payment is paid directly to the anesthesiologist. The billing representative will contact you prior to scheduled surgery to arrange for prepayment of the estimated amount. Following your surgery, any time over the estimated time will be billed to you.
Financing Options Offered
We offer patients various financing options to help them fit cosmetic surgery into their budgets.
Care Credit offers several different payment options ranging from 6 and 12 months-no interest or 24 - 60 months-with interest.
Alphaeon Credit also offers a variety of payment options with terms ranging from no interest to with interest.
United Medical Credit also offers multiple loan term plans to choose from with with competitive interest rates.
Some of the benefits of choosing United Medical Credit to finance your care:
- Extensive Network of Prime and Subprime Lenders
- Multiple Plans to Choose From
- Decisions Within Seconds
- No Prepayment Penalties with Flexible Terms
- Fast and Easy Application Process with No Commitment
- 100% Confidential
- Plans available for Credit Challenged Applicants
- Cosmetic surgery cancellations will incur a cancellation fee of 15% of Quote Practice Fees.
- Rescheduling cosmetic surgery within 2 weeks of scheduled date will incur a 15% processing fee.
Other Cosmetic Procedures and Treatments
Payment of all cosmetic procedures and treatments are due at time of service, including BOTOX® Cosmetic, Fillers and all MedSpa services. Payments must be by cash or credit ONLY.
Insurance covered claims for office visits, surgery and procedures will be filed and collected for you.